If you or someone you love is experiencing a mental health emergency or crisis, there is help. Call 911 for emergencies. For a crisis, the Crisis Hotline is always open at 800-854-7771, or you can reach the Crisis Text Line by texting NAMI to 741741. Click here for more crisis hotlines and hospitals.
Help During the COVID-19 Crisis
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 (TALK)
- Crisis Text Line: Text NAMI to 741-741 to connect with a trained crisis counselor to receive free, 24/7 crisis support via text message
- Los Angeles Department of Mental Health 24/7 Helpline: 800-854-7771 (more from the Los Angeles Department of Mental Health)
- More help from NAMI
- Find out updates and get resources from our COVID-19 Guide, which we are keeping updated during the crisis
Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health
Los Angeles Department of Mental Health resource guide, with phone numbers .
Mental Health Basics
- Mental Health Facts
- Mental Health Conditions
- Warning Signs of Mental Illness
- Recommended Books on Mental Health
Resources for Family Members of Those with Mental Health Conditions
- Suicide Prevention Guide
- Guide for Family Members and Caregivers
- Helping Someone With a Mood Disorder
- Information on Medications for Mental Health Conditions
- Mental Health First Aid
- Local Mental Health Providers
- When a Loved One Goes Missing
- Writing a One-Page Mental Health History of Someone with a Mental Health Condition
- Mental Health Parity: Know Your Rights
Criminal Justice Resources for Family Members of Those with Mental Health Conditions
- My Family Member Has Been Arrested: What Do I Do?
- Inmate Medication Information form (English); Inmate Medical Information Form (Spanish)
NAMI WLA Support Groups
- NAMI West Los Angeles Family Support Groups for family members and loved ones who are living with a mental health condition.
- NAMI West Los Angeles Peer Support Groups for people living with mental health conditions
NAMI WLA Free Classes
- NAMI West Los Angeles Family-to-Family Classes: Free 12-week, 30-hour program designed for family members who have loved ones with mental illness. More information and registration form.
- NAMI West Los Angeles Peer-to-Peer Classes: Free 8-week, 12-hour class taught by a team of trained mentors who have personal experience living well with their brain disorders. More information and registration form.
- NAMI Family-to-Family Class for Spanish Speakers: La clases de Familia a Familia Se presentarán en espanol.
Housing and Placement
- Board and Care Facilities
- Locked Facilities
- Addiction and Mental Illness Residential Placements
- Day Treatment Programs