Help During the COVID-19 Crisis
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 (TALK)
- Crisis Text Line: Text NAMI to 741-741 to connect with a trained crisis counselor to receive free, 24/7 crisis support via text message
- Los Angeles Department of Mental Health 24/7 Helpline: 800-854-7771 (more from the Los Angeles Department of Mental Health)
- More help from NAMI
- Find out updates and get resources from our COVID-19 Guide, which we are keeping updated during the crisis
If you or someone you love is experiencing a mental health emergency or crisis, there is help. Call 911 for emergencies. For a crisis, the Crisis Hotline is always open at 800-854-7771, or you can reach the Crisis Text Line by texting NAMI to 741741. Click here for more crisis hotlines and hospitals.
Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health
Los Angeles Department of Mental Health resource guide, with numbers .
Mental Health Basics
- Mental Health Facts
- Mental Health Conditions
- Warning Signs of Mental Illness
- Recommended Books on Mental Health
Resources for Family Members of Those with Mental Health Conditions
- Guide for Family Members and Caregivers
- Helping Someone With a Mood Disorder
- Information on Medications for Mental Health Conditions
- Mental Health First Aid
- Local Mental Health Providers
- When a Loved One Goes Missing
- When a Loved One is In Jail
- Writing a One-Page Mental Health History of Someone with a Mental Health Condition
- NAMI Westside Los Angeles Family-to-Family Classes
- NAMI Westside Los Angeles Family Support Groups
- Mental Health Parity: Know Your Rights
- NAMI West Los Angeles Family Support Groups for family members and loved ones who are living with a mental health condition.
- NAMI West Los Angeles Peer Support Groups for people living with mental health conditions
- NAMI West Los Angeles Family-to-Family Classes: Free 12-week, 30-hour program designed for family members who have loved ones with mental illness. More information and registration form.
- NAMI West Los Angeles Peer-to-Peer Classes: Free 8-week, 12-hour class taught by a team of trained mentors who have personal experience living well with their brain disorders. More information and registration form.
- NAMI Family-to-Family Class for Spanish Speakers: La clases de Familia a Familia Se presentarán en espanol.
- More NAMI West Los Angeles classes.
Housing and Placement
- Board and Care Facilities
- Locked Facilities
- Addiction and Mental Illness Residential Placements
- Day Treatment Programs