COVID-19 Update: Virtual Classes Offered
Our community means everything to us, and we hope you are safe and healthy. Because we are not permitted to have in-person support groups during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering virtual classes online using the video-conferencing platform Zoom. (Here’s a video explainer on how to join a meeting.) Sign up for the next virtual Family-to-Family classes or the virtual Peer-to-Peer class (classes are free, but registration is required).
NAMI Westside Los Angeles offers free classes throughout the year for those living with mental health conditions, as well as for their family members and loved ones.
- Family-To-Family Class: Free class for family members of those living with mental health conditions. 8-week program designed for families and taught by NAMI-trained family members who have been there. Find out more and register for an upcoming class.
- Family-to-Family Class for Spanish Speakers / De Familia a Familia Clase: Free class for Spanish-speaking family members of those living with mental health conditions. Un programa de educación para familiares y amigos de personas que tienen enfermedades mentales severas.
- Peer-to-Peer Class: Free class for those living with mental health conditions. 8-week class taught by a team of trained peer leaders who have lived experience. Find out more and register for an upcoming class.
- NAMI Basics Class: Free class for parents and caregivers of children living with mental health conditions. Class is offered online and can be accessed according to each participant’s schedule.
- Homefront Class: Free class for family, friends, and significant others of military service members and veterans. 6 session class helps families understand what the service member/veteran is experiencing related to trauma, combat stress, civilian life transition, PTSD and other mental health conditions.
Click the class links above to find out more and sign up to pre-register for future classes, or call our office with questions (310-889-7200).