We Need Your Help!!!
NAMI Basics Teacher Training Opportunity!
NAMI will sponsor a Basics Teacher Training, May 26-27, 2018, in Los Angeles. The Basics curriculum is designed to enable leaders who are not mental health professionals to conduct the classes. It is an opportunity for NAMI members to help guide other family members in navigating the challenges of supporting a loved one who is experiencing a mental illness. Teachers also let students know they are not alone.
- Graduates of a Basics course or Family to Family course are strongly preferred.
- Must be a parent or caregiver of a child who exhibited symptoms of mental illness before the age of 13
- Be at a point in their life where they are familiar and comfortable with the emotional issues families face and can self-disclose about their own feelings regarding their life situation.
- Current membership in a NAMI Affiliate in Los Angeles County
- Attend the entire two-day training
- Commit to teaching two classes within two years of training
- Teaching experience is not needed!
If interested in the above trainings, please call our office (310) 889-7200 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our signature Family-to-Family (F2F) classes now scheduled! Sign up to reserve your space.
All classes and support groups are FREE of charge!
NEW classes are scheduled for 2018!
Click the links below for more information or to register!
|Family to Family – 12 weeks – 2.5 hours
|March 8th – May 17th
|Los Angeles area 90025
Call our office: (310) 889-7200
|De Familia a Familia – 12 semanas – 2.5 horas
|Marzo 7th – Junio 23rd
11:00 – 1:30 PM
|Llame a (NAMI 310-889-7200 )
Local: iglesia DE LA Epifanía, LA Los Ángeles 90031
10-12 Week Classes
Shorter Classes (5-6 weeks)