NAMI Westside Los Angeles offers free education programs along with support, guidance, and hope for the growing number of Angelenos affected by mental health conditions.
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI provides education, support, and advocacy to improve the lives of those living with mental illness, as well as their families and friends, mental health professionals, and all who share NAMI’s vision and mission. The nonprofit organization was founded in 1979, and now has more than 210,000 members and 1,200 affiliate groups across the U.S. It was named one of the “top 100 charities most likely to change the world” (Worth magazine).
Our local NAMI Westside Los Angeles office allows us to respond personally to thousands of requests each year, providing free referral, information and support—a much-needed lifeline for many.
NAMI Westside Los Angeles also offers Peer Support Groups for those living with mental health conditions, and Family Support Groups for family members and loved ones who are impacted by mental illness. Our support groups are free and no registration is required for you to attend.
Education and Community Outreach
NAMI’s education programs reach hundreds of thousands of families, individuals and educators get the support and information they need. If you need help of any kind dealing with mental illness, please contact us and we’ll get you the education you need. Our NAMI Westside Los Angeles chapter also offers classes, programs, and events for the community.
- Classes: Courses for those living with mental illness and for family members. More…
- Ending the Silence: Our presentation to local middle and high schools, to educate students, teachers, and parents about mental illness. More…
- NAMI in the Lobby: Outreach at local hospitals and clinics. More….
- NAMI on Campus: Outreach at UCLA and other area colleges. More…
- NAMI Walks: Our annual fundraising walk. More…
- Annual Gala: Our annual fundraising event. More…
- Annual Membership Meeting. More…
- Speaker Series: The Janis Black Warner-sponsored series features presentations by mental health professionals. More…
- NAMI National Campaigns: We support NAMI national campaigns and advocacy efforts, including the StigmaFree campaign.
NAMI Westside Los Angeles works locally to help NAMI shape the national public policy landscape for people with mental illness and their families. We provide grassroots volunteer leaders with the tools, resources, and skills necessary to support mental health. We also support public awareness events and activities, including Mental Illness Awareness Week (MIAW), NAMIWalks and other efforts to combat stigma and encourage understanding. To help spread the word about our work and make sure our community and our country understands the importance of mental health, NAMI works with local media and community leaders.
Become a member to find out about ways you take action: signing petitions calling elected representatives, attend meetings, and more.
NAMI Westside LA is an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and all donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.
Federal Tax ID #26-2118750
NAMI Westside Los Angeles
921 Westwood Blvd., Ste. 236
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Contact us via confidential form