Throughout May, NAMI WLA is offering a series of FREE virtual engaging events to promote education, advocacy, and overall wellness
WELLNESS WEEKEND SESSIONS INCLUDE:
- BUILDING COLLABORATIVE COMMUNICATION — Dr. Xavier Amador, Ph.D/LEAP Foundation
- MENTAL HEALTH & INTERSECTIONALITY– A conversation with best selling authors Andrew Solomon, Ph.D & Juan Acosta
- FIGHT STIGMA / IGNITE WELLNESS — Adi and Sophie Jaffe
- ASK THE DOCTORS — How do we get back to “normal”
- GET CREATIVE — Positive coping skills through art
- LGBTQ+ PANEL — Hear from change makers
- THE SHIFT WELLNESS YOUTH RALLY
- ADVOCACY– Amplify your voice!
- LIVE MUSIC– SPECIAL PERFORMANCE DYLAN DUNLAP
- INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY LISTENING SESSION
- SELF-CARE SESSIONS — Move and be inspired!
- For Event Registration, Dates and Times Please Register
NAMI Westside Los Angeles offers free education programs along with support, guidance, and hope for the growing number of Angelenos affected by mental health conditions.
Winter and Spring 2021 Classes
In session: Winter 2021 classes!
Sign up for the next class sessions, set for Spring 2021. The Family-to-Family Peer-to-Peer classes are free, but registration is required. Find out more and register for our Spring 2021 classes.
Janis Black Warner Speaker Series
Find out about upcoming speakers.
Virtual Support Groups
Our community means everything to us, and we hope you are safe and healthy. Because we are not permitted to have in-person support groups during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering virtual support groups online using Zoom. More….
Immediate Help for an Emergency or Crisis
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health emergency, there is help and hope.
- Emergencies: Call 911
- Crisis Hotline: 800-854-7771
- Crisis Text Line: Text NAMI to 741741
- More sources for help here and more information on our resources page