NAMI Westside LA would like to thank everyone for this year’s efforts to
Make Waves in Mental Health
– Walk Saturday was a beautiful day –
Thanks so much for
Joining Us For Fun in the Sun!
You can continue raising funds for your team.
Click this button for more information on the walk:
More Walk Information
Click here to sign up, become a team captain or to donate:
Nami Walks LAC Page
NAMI Westside LA will be offering two classes this fall:
Chicago School of Psychology
1st Presbyterian Church
Monday nights 6:15 PM
Thursday nights 6:00 PM
Our classes are now in session, so please add your name to the list for our spring classes on our sign up page at the Family Classes button below…
“Before I took the course, I felt alone and overwhelmed dealing with my daughter’s mental illness. By taking this course, I have met others who are going through the same things I am and have learned about many resources that I never knew existed.”
For family members, partners and friends of someone living with a mental illness
Family to Family is a FREE 12-week course
Click or tap the button to watch our Family to Family Program video
If you have any questions about our Family to Family class, wish to attend this class or a future class please contact Tim Davis at (310) 889-7200 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also sign up for future classes at the link below
Click or tap the button for more information and signups for Family to Family classes:
For support group information or if you have any questions please Contact Mitzi Wright our Support Group Coordinator at (310) 823-1098 or email@example.com
Click or tap the button for information and a list of our ongoing support groups:
Peer to Peer Classes
Peer-to-Peer is an education class for those with a brain illness.
Participants will learn to live well with what they have. It consists of 10 two-hour classes and is taught by a team of 3 trained mentors who have personal experience at living well with a mental illness. Please click or tap the link for more information and signups.
Our Gala fundraiser was a Huge Success! Thanks to Adaline Fagen
Please watch our video:
“You are not alone in this fight.”
NAMI (the National Alliance on Mental Illness) is the leading non-profit organization advocating for mental health in the country today.
Mental illness is not an issue we can brush off. It ruins lives like any serious physical illness such as cancer. But, there is hope. We are that hope. Please consider becoming a member, making a donation or volunteering today…
Membership Donations Volunteer
NAMI Westside LA
The Westside LA chapter of NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is one of a number of affiliates of both the NAMI California and the NAMI National organizations in Los Angeles county. NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI advocates for access to services, treatment, supports and research and is steadfast in its commitment to raising awareness and building a community of hope for all of those in need.
Thank you for helping NAMI Westside LA spread the word!
NAMI was founded in 1979 by 254 caring people and now has grown to more than 210,000 members in over 1,200 affiliate groups in all 50 States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico , the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa and Guam. NAMI is getting stronger every day. In fact, Worth Magazine recently ranked NAMI in its “Top 100 charities most likely to change the world”.
What We Do
- We educate. Westside LA is the West LA chapter of NAMI. Our education programs are offered in thousands of communities across America through NAMI State Organizations and NAMI Affiliates. Our education programs ensure hundreds of thousands of families, individuals and educators get the support and information they need. If you need help of any kind dealing with mental illness, please contact us by phone or email and we’ll get you the education you need.
- We advocate. NAMI shapes the national public policy landscape for people with mental illness and their families and provides grassroots volunteer leaders with the tools, resources and skills necessary to save mental health in all states. NAMI Westside is your local representation for advocacy.
- We listen. Our local office allows us to respond personally to thousands of requests each year, providing free referral, information and support—a much-needed lifeline for many.
- We lead. Public awareness events and activities, including Mental Illness Awareness Week (MIAW), NAMIWalks and other efforts, successfully combat stigma and encourage understanding. NAMI works with all the local media on a daily basis to make sure our community and our country understands how important mental health is.