If you or someone you love is experiencing a mental health emergency or crisis, there is help. Call 911 for emergencies. For a crisis, the Crisis Hotline is always open at 800-854-7771, or you can reach the Crisis Text Line by texting HELLO to 741741. Click here for more crisis hotlines and hospitals.
Mental Health Basics
Management for Those With Mental Health Conditions
- Family Guidelines for Coping With Mental Health Conditions
- Helping Someone With a Mood Disorder
- Reducing Relapse
- Mental Health First Aid
- Wrap-Around Services for Consumers
- Local Mental Health Providers
- When a Loved One Goes Missing
- Writing a One-Page Mental Health History
- NAMI West Los Angeles Family Support Groups for family members and loved ones who are living with a mental health condition
- NAMI West Los Angeles Peer Support Groups for people living with mental health conditions
- NAMI West Los Angeles Family-to-Family Classes: Free 12-week, 30-hour program designed for family members who have loved ones with mental illness. More information and registration form.
- NAMI West Los Angeles Peer-to-Peer Classes: Free 8-week, 12-hour class taught by a team of trained mentors who have personal experience living well with their brain disorders. More information and registration form.
- More NAMI West Los Angeles classes.
Housing and Placement
- Board and Care Facilities
- Locked Facilities
- Addiction and Mental Illness Residential Placements
- Day Treatment Programs
- Shelters information coming soon