If you or someone you love is experiencing a mental health emergency or crisis, there is help. Call 911 for emergencies. For a crisis, the Crisis Hotline is always open at 800-854-7771, or you can reach the Crisis Text Line by texting HELLO to 741741. Click here for more crisis hotlines and hospitals.
Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health
Los Angeles Department of Mental Health resource guide, with numbers .
Mental Health Basics
Resources for Family Members of Those with Mental Health Conditions
- Family Guidelines for Coping With Mental Health Conditions
- Helping Someone With a Mood Disorder
- Information on Medications for Mental Health Conditions
- Reducing Relapse
- Mental Health First Aid
- Wrap-Around Services for Consumers
- Local Mental Health Providers
- When a Loved One Goes Missing
- Writing a One-Page Mental Health History of Someone with a Mental Health Condition
- NAMI Westside Los Angeles Family-to-Family Classes
- NAMI Westside Los Angeles Family Support Groups
- NAMI West Los Angeles Family Support Groups for family members and loved ones who are living with a mental health condition.
- NAMI West Los Angeles Peer Support Groups for people living with mental health conditions
- NAMI West Los Angeles Family-to-Family Classes: Free 12-week, 30-hour program designed for family members who have loved ones with mental illness. More information and registration form.
- NAMI West Los Angeles Peer-to-Peer Classes: Free 8-week, 12-hour class taught by a team of trained mentors who have personal experience living well with their brain disorders. More information and registration form.
- More NAMI West Los Angeles classes.
Housing and Placement
- Board and Care Facilities
- Locked Facilities
- Addiction and Mental Illness Residential Placements
- Day Treatment Programs
- Shelters information coming soon